Wednesday, January 31, 2007
they pod

I'm walking along the school corridors and the common things I see are students of course, rushing to their classes or just walking like the they've got all the time in the world. Some are ranting about their school paper while some are gossiping about some poor clueless blockmate who have this habit of two-timing someone who's got a reputation of being somebody. The smoking gardens are always busy, Harajuku girls are multiplying, the Sec field's grass is dying and the cafeteria's a market place. It's a busy day everyday and I've got used to the routine riot but still, one thing remains. It's those white headphones I see hanging on someone else's shirt, top, bag, hair.. etc.

Those white headphones are symbols. A symbol of what? No, it's not the ipod-duh. It's a symbol of being one with the masses; it's a way of riding the waves. The white contraptions are an excellent way of going with the flow. Don't get me wrong though, I've nothing against the devices. In fact, if had the money, I might consider buying myself an ipod video.
Who wouldn't want it anyway? You're probably thinking it's those non-conformist types who would just shove it away even if they had the money to pay for it. Who are these people??

Me? No, I don't have the funds. I'll definitely classify myself under the category of "The financially-disabled, non-conformist". What a stupid excuse of not going against the flow. (if you would consider that as an excuse)

You see, it all comes down to one ultimate test of conformity. If you had all the money in the world, would you buy something you know that almost everyone has? The uniqueness would be gone and it's all up to you if you're really that happy.

To tell you the truth, I find the whole topic of conformity pointless. People are different from each other. Some are glad when they're unique, some are glad when they're just like everyone else while some just don't seem to give a fuck. It's a stupid topic, there are many factors like money, the family, friends and religion. If ever I had to make a thesis or a paper on conformity I'd just give up just as Mr S. from the movie The School of Rock said.

To end, I would like to point out that I still consider the ipod as an amazing device and I'm not a conformist or someone who just wants to be different from the crowd. I'm just sore at the fact that I can't seem to put songs properly on my father's ipod.


alone at 11:23 PM
Comments: Post a Comment